Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sick again

Poor baby punkin came down with a cold Wednesday morning, and she had only been rid of the tummy bug for a few days. When I got her up that morning she was very congested, but in true punkin style, she was still in a great mood. Until now, I haven't had much need for those bulb things that you stick up her nose, but I've had to suction her nose several times a day now. It breaks my heart to hear her stuggling to breathe through her nose, because I know how frustrating that is! She's such a good sport - the first time I used the bulb she cried for about 5 seconds and then decided that it was ok as long as mamma smiled and talked sweet to her. So she dropped the crying and smiled really big at me the whole time! I have such a good little baby! She has yet to run a fever, but she is sleeping a lot more while her body fights off the nasty cold.

I was supposed to drop her off at my moms house Thursday morning so I could go work out, but I opted to stay home with her all day to make sure that she got plenty of rest. I'm so glad I did because her cold has been a lot worse than I anticipated, and I would hate for her to have given it to my mom. It's funny that it really never occured to me that I could get it. I'm sure you wont be surprised to hear that I did, in fact, come down with the same crud by Thursday night. I had felt just fine all day, and I was even planning to throw a dinner party at our house on Saturday, but I was stopped dead in my tracks around 8:30 that night. Out of nowhere I started sneezing and coughing - and the worst part - congestion and drainage. I barely got any sleep that night and Frank ended up coming home early from work Friday so I could rest while he watched Allison.

I have to brag on by husband for a little bit here - but first I have to tell you how annoying I am. Unlike Allison, I'm not good at being sick. I mope around the house reminding everyone how bad I feel, describing my symptoms, and whining frequently. I'm not fun to be around, I'm sure. However, in spite of all that, Frank not only puts up with me, he spoils me! He made a stop at Target on his way home from work on Friday and bought me a humidifier to put by my bed, he made me soup and fruit salad for lunch, and then he made me a nice dinner that night. He was constantly asking me if I needed anything, and about every two hours he brings me a glass of juice or water because he wants me to stay hydrated. How sweet is that?? I married very well.

Anyway, back to me. This cold is not fun! I cant remember the last time I felt this bad - and that includes the morning sickness I had when I was pregnant. I told Frank this morning that I would gladly take nausea and vomiting over this mess. At least after you throw up you feel better and can go back to sleep! I don't feel better after I blow my nose, I can't sleep, and I can't keep my fever down. Ok, that's enough complaining. Everyone avoid my family like the plague until we are better and properly disinfected. You dont want this.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh yuck, sorry you're felling so crummy!! I will be praying that you and little Allison feel better soon. But, thank goodness you have wonderful Frank to take care of you. It's hard to find guys like that.