Friday, September 5, 2008

Another Milestone

Allison turned 3 months old today! She's getting so big! Every day she sings a little more as she tests out her vocal chords, and she also loves standing on my lap while I hold her up. Frank and I have both joked that she will walk before she crawls because has no upper body strength, but her legs are very sturdy.

Today I took Allison with me to go grocery shopping for the first time. I have to admit that the grocery store is most likely my least favorite place to go, so I avoid it at all costs. Throw a baby in the mix and it's extra stressful. I've been VERY lucky that Frank actually doesn't mind doing the grocery shopping, so up to this point he's been going for me! I wish we could keep that arrangement, but it just doesn't make sense when I'm home during the day now. Anyway, we made it to Target around noon, and I rewarded myself for the effort and endurance by purchasing a couple of photo albums for Allison. We made it out with almost everything on the list in less than an hour! However, when I got home, I realized that I had left the diet coke cans on the bottom of the grocery cart! Perfection evades me. That was definitely an "ahhh!" moment. I hope someone appreciates those.

Also, I want to note that this week an older lady leaned into to take a look at Allison while I was out, and she said "Oh, what a cute little boy!!" Seriously?? She was wearing pink! She was covered in a pink blanket! And her carrier has flowers all over it!! Now I'm not so prideful that I can't admit that she can look gender neutral when she's in green or yellow, although I do think she looks most like a girl. What I don't get is how this lady didn't take in all the signs before assigning a gender. I had a hard time not being offended.

Here are some more pictures of my baby GIRL. I know they are all similar, but I couldn't pick just one to post, so you get them all!







2 comments:

Jen said...

Your precious Punkin' is most certainly a beautiful little GIRL. Old people can't see well is all. (of course neither can I, but whatever)

Heidi said...

If it makes you feel any better I looked like a little boy until I was five. My hair just wouldn't grow. We still have pictures of the family up in the hall and I still get a hard time about it when people figure out that it is me they are looking at. However, it doesn't faze me anymore and I just not my head with a big smile and say yep that's me.