Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Picture Day

Today Allison and I ventured out in the rain to get her three month portraits done. I brought five outfits since I really couldnt make up my mind. The only thing I was missing was a new big white bow. I know that some people don't care for bows, but I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I say, the bigger the bow the better! With that in mind, I left a little bit early with plans to stop at the mall on the way. It was sprinkling when I left the house and I was already trying to work out the details in my mind of the best place to park, how to get her in and out with the least effort, and keep everyone dry. Well, the further south I got, the more it rained. This forced me to reassess my need for this white bow. I knew the logistics of getting in and out of the mall would be tricky, but in the end I decided to do it anyway. Now that I see how great the pictures turned out, I think I made the right call, but while I was running through the rain I was really questioning my decision making skills.

To start with, I had to park pretty far from the door. Who knew so many people would go out in this weather? Armed with my umbrella, I got her out of the car and into the mall with minimal damage. Her stroller was pretty wet, but that was expected. However, by the time we left the rain had really picked up and I was in too much of a hurry to wait it out. So I whip out my umbrella again and it breaks! Deep breath. So off I go (umbrella-less) at top speed - which isnt very fast in wet flip-flops. When I got to the car I noticed that someone had parked a huge suburban next to me. I'm guessing it was a woman driving (sorry) because she parked so close to my car that I could barely squeeze Allison's carrier through the opening in the door. Then, during the struggle to get her in the car, her blanket got caught on the door and fell into the puddle I was standing in.
Allison made the trip with only a few drops of rain on her, but I was a different story. My hair was damp all the way through, my shirt was good and wet, and my jeans were soaked from the hem to mid-calf. I have to give props to whoever paved the parking lot at the mall because it's always a good idea to have one with the capability to hold large bodies of water right around the parking spaces. Never before had I been concerned about hydroplaning in my shoes. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining (even though at the time I was), but I really do find the whole situation funny. The whole time I kept thinking "when it rains, it pours!". Ha - literally and figuratively!

Anyway, the day was a success. We had a great portrait session, and my baby looked beautiful as usual even though she was a little hungry during the shoot. This time they gave me a disk of all the images so I'm going to share an obnoxious number of them here. Sorry, I just can't help myself. I'll be mailing out wallet sized copies next week to friends and family, so hang tight! Let me know which one is your favorite!



















































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, it's not fair to ask which one is our favorite, Kristin! She's beautiful, and I love 'em all :) Thanks for posting pics on your blog regularly - Mom and I love it!

Aunt Susan

Arica said...

WOW! Those turned out soooo good. Now I am really regretting not doing more of our kids. You inspired me. She is a doll!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the BIG BOWS!!! My Alysen's head is too small to keep any on her at this point so I'm jealous about that.

She's adorable!

Heidi said...

Allison looks so adorable in all of her pictures. Also, good call on the bow. I would have to say those ones are my favorite. So your fun adventure in the rain was well worth it!!!