Saturday, August 23, 2008

New and Old Friends

Last week Allison and I met daddy for lunch at his office, and while we were there Allison made a new friend with another baby named Jezelle who was also stopping by for a visit. I've never seen Allison interact with other babies, but she did about what I expected. Jezelle was very social and offered a huge smile when she saw Allison, but Allison just kind of stared back. Jezelle is only two weeks older than Allison, but I was amazed at how much more sturdy she felt! She had total control of her head, very strong legs, and she also seemed to be much more aware of the things around her. Here are some pictures of their interaction. It was quite amusing!


"Gimme some baby fist..."


"What is all that stuff on your head?"



My new glasses! I think they complete the mommy-look. :)



...awwww...


I invited Amy over for dinner one night last week since Eric had to work late. I ended up being on the phone for half an hour answering questions for life insurance, so Amy actually made dinner! I'm such a bad host! The mac-n-cheese she made was delicious though! I let her snuggle with Allison to make up for it.


Allison was determined not to look at the camera. Diva.




I finally pulled out Allison's bumbo chair to see how she would do in it. Obviously, she isn't quite to this stage yet, but she was very happy to get a new perspective of the fan. How cute!




Flirting with the camera.



"Hey, mom."




On Friday night, we met our friends Josh and Emily Malone for some tasty BBQ at Spring Creek. Josh and Frank were roommates in college from Frank's sophomore year until they graduated. From how Frank tells it, they were like brothers, so it was great to get some time with them. They've been back in Dallas briefly, in between moving from Iowa to Scotland, where Josh is going to be doing his PhD work. With two kids, now, Emily's a pro and had tons of great advice for me on what was coming with Allison. We are hoping to be able to take a trip to visit them in the next few years!

I'm the short one.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey -- I just LOVE your new glasses, what a great look! It's so fun to watch Allison's progress. I've got a grinning picture of her on my background and it's hilarious to recall her fan fascination.

Oh, and love the new background too.

Margaret said...

Yes, love the glasses.

And those Bumbo pictures are hilarious. Have you been privy to the Ready, Set, Bumbo videos on youtube yet? If not, check out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5dPMtuZsCw