Saturday, August 16, 2008

Best of Both Worlds

Last night Frank and I dropped Allison off at my parents house and we headed out for a double date with Amy and Eric. We chose Ricardo's Mexican restaurant in Allen for their famous margaritas - and because we had coupons. We had a great time eating on the patio on an unusually cool day in August.

It was so nice to take a break from "mommy-mode" for just a couple of hours and enjoy an adult drink and some adult conversation. We're very lucky to have family in town who are willing to watch our little girl for us so we can take time for ourselves on occasion. I really think it makes us better parents when we have the opportunity to miss Allison. I'm certainly not ready to spend more than a few hours away from her, but even that much allows me to refocus.

Quote of the evening from Eric: "I slept on my giraffe wrong last night, and now it's killing me!" Just one of the reasons we like Eric. I almost spit out my drink when he said that - but you probably had to be there. :)

No comments: