Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cute, Cute, CUTE!

Allison 002I've been having so much fun with Allison this week!  She's really ramping up the social smiles, which is SO adorable!  She's also experimenting with new noises, and she's even got a couple of new cries (which are also cute).  She's very impressed with herself when she finds a new noise.  Once she made a new squeal in the middle of crying and busted out a huge smile for a moment because I guess that made her happy. 

 

Allison 023In other news, Allison has "slept through the night" the last two nights!  I put that in quotes because she still requires a feeding around 3am, but that's after sleeping for 6 hours straight!  I would need to go to bed at 8pm in order get that much as well, so that's not going to happen, but it's nice that she's finally old enough to skip her midnight meal.  Now, I just need to learn to sleep too.  I'm so used to listening for her that I wake at the slightest noise. 

Allison 006 Funny story - the first week or so that we had her I dreamed that I was holding her in bed and trying to feed her.  I half woke up and panicked because the pillow I was actually holding didn't feel like a baby.  I woke up Frank from a deep sleep, and the conversation went something like this:

K:  Frank!  Can you please check on Allison?  She's over here.     Motioning to my arms.

F: Ok. He gets out of bed and walks over to her pack-n-play and peeks in.

K: No!  She's over here!

F: Babe, that's a pillow.

K: Oh. Are you sure??

F: Yes.  She's in her bed and asleep.

K: Ok.  Still uncertain.

Frank still laughs at me for this, and I can't blame him.  However, in my MAJORLY sleep deprived state, one can hardly fault me for being slightly delusional.  I still find myself cuddling with a pillow and on the verge of panic about once a week, but I remind myself how stupid I looked the first time and force myself to wake up enough to verify on my own that it is, in fact, just a pillow.

Anyway, I have some more pictures to share, but I also wanted to list my favorite things about Allison right now.

Allison 011 1. She LOVES her changing table - or maybe just having her diaper changed.  I can't tell which.  She can be in the middle of throwing the biggest fit, but if you lay her on that pad, she is all smiles! 

 

Allison 0142. When I hold her up against my shoulder she loves to hold her head up and look around.  But, if her neck gets tired, instead of putting her head down she will rest her cheek against mine so she doesn't miss anything around her.

Allison 013 3. She has truly discovered her hands, and is trying desperately to suck on her thumbs.  When we put her to bed at night she goes searching for them, and can't quite figure out why they wont stay in her mouth.  She makes the cutest little sucking noise when she finally gets it right.

Well, that's all I have time for right now.  I'm off to bed!  If you want to leave a comment about how cute she is, I'd be ok with that!  :)

 

5 comments:

Margaret said...

First of all... you look AWESOME in your photo with her. And she really is so cute. It sounds like you two are doing awesome jobs.

Second, I just wanted to check to see if you know about "dream feeds". I used to feed Caroline at 8:30, do her bath and bedtime, and then get her up to feed again at 11 pm (right before I went to bed) - but no waketime for her, right back to bed. It might buy you some more sleep.

Sorry if I'm handing out unwanted advice.

Anonymous said...

Allison has such a beautiful smile, Kristin! It's so nice to see her "growing up" thru your blog - just wish I could see her more often. I print out your blogs for Mom, and she loves reading them. I'm sure you can picture the smile on Mom's face as she looks at your precious baby :)

Love ya!
Aunt Susan

Unknown said...

She is the cutest thing EVER! I love all your pictures! And you're hilarious waking up in the middle of the night trying to feed pillows - I'd probably be delusional too!

Jen said...

I have no baby to excuse my middle of the night delusions. Next time we get John out there, I'm sure he'll love to share.

That smile, and obvious personality, it actually breaks my heart just a little bit--you know, in that good way where you just love her so much already. Wow.

Heidi said...

Your little girl is just so adorable. We also got Allison's picture in the mail and love it. It's on our refrigerator so we can see her cute little self every day.