Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Angel

angel1 All day I've planned to post a blog so I can share pictures of my beautiful girl, and so that I can put some of thoughts down, but it's now 10pm and I'm fading fast. 

The last three days have been long but wonderful days - probably the best days of my life - and I have so many stories and emotions that I want to share.  Unfortunately, I don't feel like I can express them well enough right now.  I think I'm partly tired, and partly hormonal.  Frank found me holding her on the couch today crying because I didn't want her to grow up.  I understand that it's silly - and I felt a little more rational after a nap - but I'm completely overwhelmed by how much I love her.  I can't get enough of her face, her smell, her little grunts, or the cute noise she makes as she soothes herself by sucking on her fingers.  So I guess this is what it means to be a mom.  She's my angel. 

Thank you to everyone who has sent emails, comments, flowers, and phone messages.  We feel so loved and supported.  I hope you enjoy the  pictures. 

angel2

angel3

angel4

angel5

angel6

angel7

angel8

angel9

5 comments:

Jessica Grammon said...

Yay for pictures! I have to admit that I cried when I read this post. I love you guys so much and hope that you take these first few days in. She is so beautiful (not even close to an accurate adjective) and blessed to have you as parents! What an amazing time!

Anonymous said...

She truly is adorable. Now you can understand all of my crazy ramblings that I've been going on about for the last couple of months. Enjoy every single second of it because it goes by faster than you'll ever believe. I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

She's so beautiful, Kristin. Nothing anyone tells you can ever prepare you for the incredible and intense sense of love that you feel for your baby. And it's a love that will last a lifetime.

Mom and I hope to see all of you very soon. We can't wait to touch and love this amazing addition to the family :-)

I love you!
Aunt Susan

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful & special time in your lives right now. I'm so happy for you & Frank. The pictures are so adorable!!! I can't believe how expressive she is already - too cute.
Take care of each other,
Audra

Jen said...

Thank you for, in the midst of sleep loss and other factors, posting pictures for those of us who haven't met Allison in person yet. Of course I too teared up at her precious little face.

Love to all the Barnetts!