Thursday, June 26, 2008

Little Chunk

Today my little girl is three weeks old. How did this happen? It still feels like just a few days ago that we brought her home from the hospital. It scares me how fast time flies now that she's here. At this rate we'll be sending her off to A&M in just a couple of years! It makes me sad that she changes so quickly. I wish I could soak in every moment of her. Maybe that explains why I run for the video camera to capture all of her cute little baby expressions. I know one day she wont make those faces, and I want to remember them forever. Ok, now I'm getting all teary just writing about it. Ugh. These stupid hormones! All that to say, I love her more than I thought possible. She's such a blessing to have around - even when she is screaming at me at 3am because I can't feed her as quickly as she would like me to. :)

I wish I had time to post a blog every day to share the cute little things she does, but lately I've been pretty busy taking care of her and I find myself only stealing enough time for a shower every other day. Some days I never make it out of my pajamas! But, in an effort to capitalize on her current napping state I will try to update everyone on the bigger points and share some of my favorite pictures.

Yesterday, I took Allison for a last-minute appointment to see her pediatrician because her left eye has a clogged tear duct and it appeared to be getting worse. Every time she woke up from a nap her poor little eye would be matted shut. I was worried about infection so I made the panicky-first-time-mom decision to take her in. Turns out she is fine, but I was given a prescription for an ointment just in case it doesnt start to clear up in the next week.

The best part of the visit was having her weighed again. She had just been to the doctor six days before for her two week check-up, so I didnt expect much change, but my baby girl had gained 13 ounces since then!! She's now a whopping 8lbs 6oz! That's almost 2lbs heavier than her birth weight! Frank has always said he wanted a baby with rolls - I think we are well on our way!

Well she is starting to stir so I have to wrap up this post. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the last couple of weeks!



Allison loves her baby einstein gym. She is actually learning to bat at the toys in reach. She is also doing great at holding her head up and she tries to roll over every time she is on her back. She's definitely gifted. ;)







She loves her daddy. This is a picture of them on Fathers Day. We didn't do a lot to celebrate, but I did make him pancakes for breakfast, and Allison cooked up a couple of her own "gifts" for daddy, too. lol.





This is a classic Allison face.








Here she is deep in thought. I wonder what babies contemplate at this age...





I'll do better at posting from now on, I promise! Hopefully this will satisfy even our most demanding readers until the next blog. :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

She is BEAUTIFUL. Kristin - you are taking fabulous pictures!

Anonymous said...

She's perfect, Kristin! Remember that in about 12 or 13 years :)

We can hardly wait to see her in a few weeks. If she's already trying to roll over, she'll probably be crawling by the time we get there!

Love ya!
Aunt Susan

Anonymous said...

She's still itty bitty! Jaysen was bigger than that when he was born.

I'm glad to hear you are so in love with her. That's what it's all about!

Would love to see you guys!

Camille said...

She is so sweet and precious!! I can't wait to meet her! I hope you guys are doing well and that you get a little sleep every now and then.

Arica said...

I totally know how you feel, time does fly, but at the same time, it is still so much time. So many people tell me that "it goes so fast", which sort of depresses me. I have to say, just do what you are doing and cherish the now. We need to come see her. I have to say that the picture of her and Frank is definitely a framer, great job taking such sweet pics! She is a beauty.

Unknown said...

Congratulation!! I had to check for the updates and I love the name that you picked. She is a beautiful gift, I am sure even at 3:00 am. :)

Anonymous said...

I had no idea! She is beautiful. Congrats to you both.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea! She is beautiful. Congrat to you both.