Thursday, June 5, 2008

Baby Day, First Update

Baby Day Maybe Kristin didn't believe me when I said I'd be live-blogging the birth of our first child.  Although she didn't seem too surprised when I whipped out my laptop.  Yes, she's very patient.

We arrived at the hospital at 5am this morning (meaning the alarm went off at 3:30).  We got checked in and Kristin's all set up, and still feeling relatively good.  The nursing staff has been really nice, and said she's well on her way and everything looks good.  They positioned the monitor showing the baby's heartbeat and her contractions.  She just flipped to the History Channel, which - she explained - is a great way to put her to sleep.  It's an episode on the history of LSD.  Give her a few more hours with those contractions and it might be a whole lot more interesting to her!

Oh, and I left my phone at home.  So don't call it.  If you've tried calling it for an update, you're out of luck until I can bribe someone to go get it off the charger. 

Anyway, more updates as stuff happens!

No comments: