Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Beautiful Girl

Allison5

I can hardly believe that I've had my little girl for almost a week now.  We've spent the last six days doing our best to adjust to a new lifestyle, and I think it's going pretty well.  Allison is such a sweet, cuddly, and calm baby.  The only time I've really seen her upset is when we gave her her first bath (which I'll post pictures of later). 

Allison2

I'm so amazed at how quickly she is changing.  I was looking back at  pictures of her in the hospital and noticed how much her little cheeks are filling out.  She's becoming quite the little chunk.  :)  Although, Frank always said he wanted a baby with rolls.  I think we are well on our way! 

 

Allison6 The one time I've been out of the house this week was to take Allison to her first check-up at the Pediatrician's office.  She was weighed and measured again to make sure that she was developing and gaining weight properly.  

Allison4 It turns out that our little girl is a little string bean so far.  She weighed 6lbs 5oz, which put her in the fifteenth percentile in weight.  She is 19.5 inches long (46%), and her head circumference is 12.5 inches which is the seventh percentile - meaning out of 100 babies, her head is smaller than 93 of them!  I really appreciated that! 

Allison1I've had a great time taking pictures of her, and I've had lots of requests for more, so here you go!  I know I may be a little partial, but I think she could be the cutest baby ever.  These are all of my favorites of her sleeping.  She doesn't spend that much time awake these days, so I don't have many of her alert.   :)  Enjoy the photos!

Allison3

  

 

 

 

 

Allison8

Allison7

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww. She looks so content and sweet, Kristin. And both of your look so happy :) God is good.

Aunt Susan

Anonymous said...

Frank and Kristin,
What a beautiful baby you have! Congratulations!! The pictures you posted are amazing! It sounds like your first week went very well. We've been thinking of you often, remembering when we were in your shoes. Take care and have fun!

Love, Tim and Bev

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin,

Allison is such a cute baby!!! I love the pictures, her face looks like a little adult's with how expressive she is.

Everyone at work has been asking about you this week.

I cracked up at Frank's entry. You can't call yourself a parent until you get a little poop on you!

Audra

Anonymous said...

Thank you for updating us on the home front events with Allison. She is absolutely beautiful and it sounds like your family is bonding and enjoying these precious times. We appreciate the pictures and news. You are all in our thoughts and prayers every day.

Sheila and Joe

Brian Goins said...

Love the pics. So glad she is looking more like Kristin than Frank. Beautiful shots. Love the feet pics. I especially like how Ninja like Frank is in changing diapers. Soon you'll be changing them with a starbucks in one hand.