Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Allison

AllisonAllison Joy Barnett

June 5, 2008 3:12pm

6 lbs 9.5 oz  18 in

 

I don't think I've ever been so amazed at my wife.  I'm sure this is a common thing for husbands after seeing their wives become mothers, but I'm truly amazed at her. 

The doctor came in and said it usually takes an Allison Joyhour.  Kristin pushed Allison out in about 20 minutes.  Yes, this is the same girl who is deathly afraid of spiders. 

As for the feelings right after that - how do you describe that?  There's a little life in your arms that only a little bit before was just an idea, a dream so real you could feel her kick - but until we held her, I don't think we really believed we had a baby girl.

We're still kind of processing all of it. 

We'll post more pictures soon, and we sure appreciate all the prayers.  They were heard.  Allison and Kristin are both doing very well. 

 

11 comments:

Laura Talley said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Joe and I are happy this precious day has finally come. It will always be one of the best memories of your life. May Allison walk close to the Lord and know his touch, his faithfulness and love. We are keeping you in our prayers and we will send her birthday gift soon.

Jen said...

Welcome Allison, and congrats to you both. Brings tears of Joy (ha ha) to my eyes here on the other side of the world. I love you all and we'll continue to pray for you all. Way to go Kristin!! oh, and Frankoh too I suppose... ;)

Also, there's no such thing as too many pictures for those of us who can't meet her in person. Just so you know.

Anonymous said...

Kristen and Frank,

Congratulations on your beautiful little girl Allison. I am so happy for you both. Treasure her always.

Tami Ator

Anonymous said...

Congratulation! I have been thinking and praying for you guys all day. Your little Allison is gorgeous. Im so excited to have another little one join the family.

Grandma Charla said...

Congratulations, she is just beautiful. So glad everything went well. I am following Jennifers blogg and she had announced your new arrival.
I am so Happy For You.!!

Bill and Charla Hill

Anonymous said...

Frank! She is lovely, Congrats to you and Kristin. I wish you many blessings and at least one good night of sleep a week!

Love,
Natalie

First Theology said...

Congratulations guys! We are very excited and look forward to seeing your beautiful girl this summer!

Unknown said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! And Kristin you look AMAZING. So happy for ya'll!

Anonymous said...

Allison! So good to finally meet you! You are a much prayed for child and I know your daddy and mommy love you more than you could ever imagine. Your mommy and I have been pregnant at the same time and your arrival makes me ache for my little one to get here. You'll have a playmate soon! In the meantime, sleep alot (so Mommy and Daddy can too), eat alot (so you'll grow even more beautiful)... and make some amazing presents for Mommy and Daddy in that diaper of yours! =)

RUSH.leaders said...

She's beautiful. Congratulations... the two of you will be fantastic parents.

Wes