Thursday, June 28, 2007

Fine! Here's day 3...

Ok, no more blog schedules for me. I obviously can't adhere to them. Here is the third and final recap of our cruise to Ensenada, Mexico. All of day three was spent on the ship heading back to LA. They had alot of activites planned on the boat, but most people opted to spend the day by the pool. Frank and I slept in a little that day, but still made it to breakfast. It was the same as the day before, which was good. We decided we were tired after breakfast, though so we went back and took a nap! After all, what are vacations for? When we woke up we put on our swimwear and headed for the pool deck to have lunch and lay out with everyone else. We arrived just in time for the belly flop contest. Some guys will do anything for attention. They were instructed to dance alone for 30 seconds and then show off their best belly-flop while squealing like a girl in mid-air. Brilliant. We headed for the buffet and I ate a good ol' American meal - hamburger and french fries. Frank went more for the food of a fishy variety. Gross. After lunch we walked around the pool area looking for two available adjoining chairs, which was not an easy task. We ended up on the top deck, where it was pretty windy, but much more quiet. Once I got my cover-ups off I realized that looked like neapolitan ice cream trying to get a tan. I was wearing a chocolate brown swim suit that was nicely accented by my pasty skin and the burn from the day before. Whatever. I'll never see these people again.


After some time in the sun we were in the mood for a snack so we went to the pizza bar. We were getting bored taking pictures of ourselve smiling so here is me doing my best "Chandler" from Friends smile. Thoughts?
Here's Frank who was also tired of smiling for the camera. We were definately at the "Kristin, please stop taking pictures!" stage of the vacation.
We headed back to our room to hang out some before dinner and take showers since we smelled like sunscreen. Our dinner time wasnt till 8:30pm, so we grabbed some coffee and hot chocolate and sat on the deck. Continuing with our "not smiling" pictures, here is what we came up with. Frank wearing my sunglasses. Not too bad, actually!
Here's me in my awesome hat trying not to laugh while I immitate Frank's previous pose. I think he won that one.

Here we are for our last dinner on the cruise. I chose to wear my new Ensenada shirt because it's cute - but certainly not because I didnt pack enough clothes. :)
Neil and Jackie showed up to dinner loudly. They had apparently been enjoying too many beverages before our meal. Neil also brought an eye-patch so he would fit in better with the pirates that night. The evening would only get more interesting.

Here are Austin and Heather again.

After a few more drinks I guess it seemed logical for Neil to pose for pictures with the bowl of pasta on his head.
Group Photo!

After dinner Frank and I went to a game show called "The Quest". Everyone was to get in groups of 5-10 to do a scavenger hunt using just the things that you brought with you. They would call out an item and someone from the team would run that item up to the front of the room and present it along with the team number to get points. So the MC calls out "I want to see a guy in your group wearing lipstick!" Here was the result from team #3. So proud.
The final "quest" was to find a guy with no shirt, wearing a bra and lipstick, and carrying a womans purse. I'm relieved that another guy in our group volunteered for this one. Our team did get second place, though! No point in playing if you cant win!
The next day was spent traveling for the most part. It took a while to get off the boat and go through customs. From there we caught a cab and rode to the airport for our 12:30 flight. The flight out of LA was about 20 minutes late, so we barely made it on to our connecting flight in Austin. Unfortunately, our luggage wasnt so lucky. However, we were very impressed to get a phone call at 5am the next morning from an airline employee telling us that he is in Melissa and needs directions to our house so he can drop off our bags! Pretty cool!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Man, I want to go on a cruise... I'm so jealous. But, if we did, we'd just end up in our tiny cabin waiting for Caroline to nap. Someday, we'll cruise again : )