Thursday, June 28, 2007

Health Update

Thanks to everyone who called to voice their concerns and offer any needed assistance. I'm doing much better as of this evening. For those of you who don't know, I was suffering from some major abdominal pain and went to the doctor yesterday. I was informed that it was most likely apendicitis, so I was scheduled for a cat scan at Richardson Regional few hours later.

My mom met me at the hospital and Frank went home to pack an overnight bag for me. I was forced to drink 900mL of something called contrast liquid. It was supposedly berry flavored, but it tasted like crap. It took me almost 2 hours to finish all of it. I got my cat scan around 7:30pm and shortly after I got the news that I didn't have appendicitis, but had suffered from a ruptured ovarian cyst. So I was free to go home. I was very happy to not need surgery.

When I got home I took my "cocktail" of 1/2 hyrocodone and 2 benedryl to help with the pain and let me get a good night's sleep. I slept till noon today, which was wonderful! I thought I was feeling better, but within 30 minutes I was having hot-flashes, dizziness, fever, and a headache. A couple of extra strength Tylenol did the trick.

I got online to do some work from home, but I was accosted by some concerned co-workers who were adamant that I needed to get some more sleep and take this more seriously. At the urging of these co-workers I went back to the doctor to have some blood work done. I'll have the results by tomorrow. However, I am feeling almost 100% this evening. Minus a headache, I feel normal. I even ate spaghetti for dinner while watching Napolean Dynamite. Great movie.

I'm off to bed now so I will be well rested for work tomorrow.

-k

1 comment:

Jessica Grammon said...

so glad that you're feeling better...i'll call you to see how you are doing in a couple of days. in the meantime, let me know if you need anything