Saturday, June 30, 2007

Block Party

I've been dreading today, which is never a good start for a weekend. Frank had to work this afternoon, which meant I'd be alone most of the day - and I don't like being alone. After he left I was lonely and bored so I decided I needed a project. I focused in on decorating the space above my kitchen cabinets and cleaning the house. I headed for Tuesday Morning to browse and wasnt disappointed. My sister raves about it, so it was about time I payed a visit. I kept thinking "If only I had more of a decorating budget!". I narrowed my selections down to the 2 you see in the picture. They ended up looking very nice on top of my cabinets! I was so excited about decorating when I got home that I made a list of projects.

- Repaint Living Room and Kitchen
- Buy new clock for Kitchen
- Need curtains for Living room
- Replace Blinds in 4 rooms
- Need center peices for island and kitchen table....etc...

The list could be it's own blog. Frank wants me to write it all down and prioritize it. Haha. Now he's worried that every time I'm left alone I will start these projects. It's so much fun though!

This is random. Our little town of Melissa may not have a grocery store, but we have a Snowie! Our very own stand alone snow cone stand! Just stand back and watch the value of our house rise. Anyway, we were driving past this little stand on our way home and I notice that one of the girls in the HS group at church is working in there! So of course, we have to pull over and take a picture. We left a whole dollar tip, too!! There's Ashley on the left.


As I was cleaning the house today, I notice Alex looking really cute so I snapped a picture. He's just so cute!


Of course Maggie will not be out-done so she ran in for her close-up. Maggie's bad.


We ended our day at a neighborhood block party. They grilled out the usual while everyone exchanged handshakes and backgrounds. Once we had eaten our fill, we started the games. There was an egg toss, which I lost for Frank and I - either that or I could blame him and say he wouldnt dive for it. I'll let you decide where the blame falls. In my opinion, the receiver should do all to make the team look good. It's not like I was in football. But whatever. ;) The girl below was being tossed an egg from about 30 yards. I felt this coming, so I had the camera ready. The picture speaks for itself.


Here's a shot of the egg-on-a-spoon contest. The young kids took this very seriously and the older ones were running.


Here's Frank watching all of the festivites. He wasnt in the mood to play much after losing the egg tossing contest for us.


I don't know this kids name, but he sure was cute. I asked him if I could take this picture and he said yes and then just stared at the camera. After I took this he let out the cutest squeal/giggle and ran off.


Here's me hanging out like a pro block-partier. Next time I will be holding interviews for my game partner. I don't like losing.


This is Frank at the end of the evening (in case the name tag didn't give him away). He always looks like this after 9pm. I'm not sure what's wrong.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Your decorating has gotten me inspired. I got a new picture for our living room last week and next week, I'm painting in the living room and dining room since my mom will be here to watch Caroline.