Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I'm so sorry it's been closing in on a month since my last blog. In my defense, we have been super busy. I know everyone says that, and maybe I'm just a little more sensitive to my own circumstances, but I think my case is justified. A couple of months ago Frank and I decided to do something we've dreamed about for years. Frank is an amazing online marketer - in fact, I'll say that he is probably in the top 5% of people in his field (he would modestly argue that point, but this is my blog). Anyway, since I decided to stay home with Allison, we figured that there was no better time than the present to finally start our own online store. The idea is that I will run it and Frank will market the crud out of it so we overtake all other similar stores. All this to say that we have been feverishly working to put it all together for a January 1st launch. I've spent many nights up till 2am loading products, resizing images, watching training videos, and studying the market we are entering. To say that I am excited about our endeavor would be an understatement. I had to go to the doctor to get some anti-anxiety pills so I could sleep at night. Not that I'm freaked out by this - I'm actually so jazzed about it that I lay awake thinking about everything that still needs to be done and how it will all come together. I know what you're thinking: What the heck are you guys selling?? Not telling. :) I will post a link to our store when we go live, and until then you can wait in anticipation.

Other than that I've been finishing up my photoshop class, doing all my Christmas shopping, and keeping up with a more mobile and demanding baby girl. I have so much to share about things that have happened in the last weeks, but I'll have to save that for another time. I'm supposed to be cleaning right now, since that is something that has been pushed aside during this busy season.

Below I have attached our Christmas card for this year because I underestimated how many people we would want to send these to by about half. So if you did not receive one, I apologize. Consider yourself now a recipient of our holiday greetings! In other Barnett news, we are headed to New Mexico next week to visit Frank's family and to ski! I'm SOOO excited!! Again, details for another post. I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful and safe holiday! Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

We can't wait to see your websites when you get them going, but even more importantly we can't wait to see you guys next week! Two new inches at Ski Apache in the last day or two and potentially more expected in the next few days.

Anonymous said...

so excited for you and frank! Praying everything goes well. love you