Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy Half Birthday, Baby

Today we celebrated Allison's half birthday! I admit that I teared up while I was feeding her her bottle this morning. I couldn't help but think about how quickly the last six months have flown by, and knowing that the last half of this year with her will probably go by just the same. In the next six months she will be walking, talking, eating big girl food, and showing us that personality that, so far, we've only sampled. Change is a good thing, and I'm certainly looking forward to watching her become a toddler, a little girl, and a young lady, but it's also hard not to want to hold on to her just as she is right now.



Allison continues to bring me joy every day, and today was no different. Even though she got up two hours early this morning, didn't nap well, and refused to smile for her six month portraits, we still had a great day. I love my baby more than I can express here, no matter how hard I try. The 'baby santa' picture is just a preview of the great pictures I got of her. They will be proudly displayed on the Christmas cards I'm sending out this week. Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts with us, Kristin. Even thought I'm not a parent yet, you've really brought home what it's like, at least a little bit.

And I love that picture, I can't wait for the Christmas cards!!!!