Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Christmas Dress

I was going to save all of these images for our Christmas cards, but we went a different route, so I am now allowed to share them here! I'm very proud of the way these turned out, and I think you'll see why. Allison looks like a little doll. My neighbor who is also a photographer was nice enough to let me borrow her studio set-up. I ended up using natural light because of shadows, but the backdrop she provided made all the difference. It's hard to get the full effect here, because blogger strips out so much of the vibrance in the image, but you'll get the idea. Merry (early) Christmas!







7 comments:

Margaret said...

I love how rosy her lower cheeks look.

I wish we lived closer... I'd take full advantage of your skills : )

Jen said...

Such beautiful pics, with, of course, a gorgeous little subject. And I'm particularly entertained that she appears to be entertaining herself throughout the photo shoot. Awesome.

I have to ask if you have any more with the Santa hat?? Perhaps that's a question that will be answered in due time with the mail.

Anonymous said...

She's absolutely adorable, Kristin! Can't wait to Allison and the rest of you next week :)

Aunt Susan

Unknown said...

As usual, I LOVE your pictures - they are awesome. Is the backdrop you used something similiar to this: http://blissfullydomestic.com/photo-bliss/simple-to-stand/

I kinda want one of those background stands and want to know if they're any good!

Heidi said...

I love them as always. You are a very talented photographer with a super adorable little daughter.

Tiffani said...

She's beautiful, but your work is amazing!

Tricia said...

So not even kidding... Allison gets prettier and prettier with every picture! I love her dress!! And beautiful picture taking by-the-way. =)