Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Brace Yourselves

WARNING: The following post may be too exciting for some. Please continue reading with cation if you have heart problems, liver problems, are nursing, pregnant, or may become pregnant. Consult your doctor if you feel any new muscle pain or weakness. :)

Allison is finally big enough to wear shoes!! And they're pink! And they're tennis shoes!!! And I'm overreacting!!! I know. It can't be helped - I tried. Check her out in her big girl jeans, and adorable shoes (brought to you by the same person who introduced us to the bunny slippers) and those big sweet eyes! I think I'm going to keep her.

*notice on the first picture how the flash reflected off of her tongue and makes it look like she has two front teeth! creepy!





What else is new for Allison? I'm glad you asked! Well, we are practicing sitting up every day. She can hold herself steady for a few seconds and then usually does a face-plant in the carpet - well only sometimes - I try to catch her. She has yet to get a rug burn on her forehead! Also, as of Sunday she is doing a new thing where she shakes her head from side to side. It worried me at first, but she really gets a kick out of it so I guess its ok. She is also very into touching/licking my face. I only encourage the touching, trust me. We play a new game where I lay on the floor and let her stand on my stomach. She sees me below her and squeals in delight with her hands stretched out toward my face (adorable). Then I lower her to me and she rests her forehead on mine while cupping my face with her hands! She is usually trying to lick my cheek at this point too. Either way, I end up with drool all over my face. Love it. Frank got some pictures of our little game a couple days ago...





3 comments:

Heidi said...

Gosh, you're such a good mom for letting your baby drool on your face. When I get to that stage in my life I'm not sure if I could handle that. Allison is one lucky girl to have a mom like you.

Anonymous said...

I love the first picture of the two of you together. You both look so happy. That's one to frame and have handy when she's 16 and hates you!

Jen said...

John wants to know what kind of face soap you use, it must be very tasty or (in his words) "snarfy" ...

In case you were wondering it's less than 26 days now til I get to see Miss Allison again. And you guys as well, of course!