Sunday, September 13, 2009

2009 Book List

I've always loved to read, but this year I can't seem to get enough. Here are the books I've read so far this year (in no particular order). After I finish the one I've got, I'll have finished everything in the house that I would find interesting. I've got some gift cards to Borders, so if you have any suggestions (based on what you can see that I like below) I'd love to hear them!

1. Crime and Punishment - Dostoyevsky
2. Emma - Jane Austen
3. Persuasion - Jane Austen
4. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
5. Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen
6. Mansfield Park - Jane Austen
7. Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
8. The Plain Truth - Jodi Picoult
9. The Memory Keepers Daughter - Kim Edwards
10. One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich - Alexander Solzhenitsyn
11. About a Boy - Nick Hornby
12. The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
13. To the Golden Shore - Courtney Anderson
14. The Testament - John Grisham
15. Same Kind of Different As Me
16. The Idiot - Fyodor Dostoyevsky (reading now)

3 comments:

Frank said...

Just for clarification, Kristin assures me that I was not, in fact, the inspiration for her most recent selection.

Unknown said...

If you liked Same Kind of Different as Me (or are inclined to like memoirs) then I would highly recommend "The Glass Castle" and "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn." I just read both and couldn't put them down!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are awesome. Look at that long list!!!!