Monday, August 31, 2009

A Date with Papa and Grandma!

Last Saturday, Frank and I went to a Rough Riders game with our Sunday school group. We had a blast because a) it was GORGEOUS weather, b) We love our group (half of them are our neighbors!), and c) we were childless that night! The last part of that equation was made possible by my parents who jumped at the chance to spend an evening with Allison. They took her to the park, to Chick-fil-a, and then back to their house for some more fun.

We gave them her sleeper tent to try out for the first time in hopes that she would sleep a little there. My parents have a crib, but she is terrified to be left in it for some reason. She eventually slept in her tent after thrashing around for an hour, but that's progress, right?? Frank and I are taking her with us to Phoenix this October to visit her Aunt Jen and Uncle John, and I wanted proof that she could be induced to sleep while we are there!!

Anyway, they took about 100 pictures at the park, and it is incredibly hard for me to pick so you get all of them! (or at least as many as I can upload before I get tired of waiting for blogger to import the images). Isn't she the cutest?? You don't have to think so, but I sure do!





































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast. I wish that I was little again.

Miss Mommy said...

I wanna see the infamous sleeper tent- never heard of that...?

Jen said...

One thing I LOVE seeing about Allison is her intensity -- she is so (at least seemingly) purposeful in everything she does. She really appears to contemplate life, the world around her, the choices she makes, and so forth. It touches my heart because this is SO totally Frank and, from all I can tell and have heard, also Kristin. It's beautiful to have such a creation of you both.

And I bet that's more than you figured on getting for a comment to this post... :)