Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Best First Time Dad Gift Ever

diaper kit As a soon-to-be-dad (roughly 7 weeks to go!), Kristin's Aunt Susan decided to properly equip me for my first-ever diaper changing experience.  This has to be the coolest shower gift for a first-time dad.  

For those male friends of mine who are soon-to-be-dad's, don't worry - I've got you covered. Yours will be in the mail shortly. HazMat suits are getting to be kind of expensive, so this will definitely come in handy. 

The picture's pretty small, so I'll list off a few of the cool features:

  1. Safety goggles (apparently infants can blow at any moment, so better safe than sorry), a clothespin for my nose, and tongs to transport the nuclear fallout dirty diaper to the diaper genie. 
  2. Boudreaux's Butt Paste, which besides having an awesome name is apparently the best thing in the world for diaper rash, and it's only the best for my little girl!
  3. Pink Pacifier to distract my little girl during the procedure
  4. Yes, those are Stanley brand rubber gloves.  Much more manly than the ones that say "Palmolive" on them.

From what Dave tells me, the color and consistency of poo will soon be normal dinnertable topics, so I'll keep you posted on how the kit performs under fire. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love that picture of you, Frank! It was so much fun putting your Daddy's Diaper Duty toolbelt together for you - I may have enjoyed it more than you ever will :-)

Susan