Thursday, April 17, 2008

Textbook

Here's a little update on the pregnancy, for those of you still hanging around to read this blog! I hit the 32 week mark yesterday. Time is going so fast! I cant believe that in just 7 weeks I'll have her in my arms. For those of you doing the math, you are correct, that would put me at 39 weeks. We are being induced on June 5th for a lot of reasons not worth mentioning here. We are very excited about that decision, and yes, we've heard all the warnings and precautions from all concerned parties (*ahem* Mom!).

Yesterday I also had an appointment with my OB. At my check-up I was told that my pregnancy couldnt be more "textbook". I've been hearing that a lot from them, but I guess that's a good thing. The last thing we want is a big surprise, right?
- My tummy is measuring exactly 32cm (which is perfect since the cm's are supposed to correspond to number of weeks along I am)
- I'm average in weight gain
- Baby girl's heart rate (138) is right where it should be, too.

I've been so lucky to not have to deal with any swelling yet, so I can still wear all my rings! I'm also still sporting heels to work every day. My only complaint is that I hate sleeping on my sides, which is now the only option I have left. I would even settle for some time on my back, but she is heavy enough now that I cant breathe in that position. Ok, one more complaint - she is still breech, and she is lodged up under my right rib cage. It's getting pretty sore, and even feels bruised at times. My OB told me that 96% of babies move into the birthing position by 36 weeks, so maybe this complaint will be resolved soon!

That's about it for now. Stay tuned for some pictures and more updates later!

No comments: