Monday, July 23, 2007

Meet Sophie

This past weekend Frank and I made a trip to good ol' College Station to visit my grandmother. It's the first time we've seen her since my granddad's funeral at the end of May. She seemed to be doing pretty well, but it's obvious that just beneath the smiles she is still heartbroken - understandably so. This weekend she told me that the hardest part is the time she is alone - especially at night when the house is quiet. As much as we would all like to be there for her during those times, it's not always possible so we felt like getting her a puppy may be just the distraction she needs. Sophie is an 8 week old "Boodle" (Bichon/Poodle mix). She is absolutely adorable and these pictures do her no justice. She is very spunky and playful, but also very cuddly at the same time. Laura, Amy, and I decided that she was so cute that she deserved her very own polo shirt. We found one at Tuesday Morning for only $3! She looks just like a stuffed animal!

While the girls played dress-up with the puppy, the boys worked on installing the "invisible fence" (a.k.a electric shock). They got to play with the cement saw, which they were very happy about. I guess thats a man thing.

Unfortunately, while Sophie was in the front yard playing with Laura and Jon's dog, she rolled in some..uhm...droppings. I carried her inside and while I was holding her I kept smelling something foul, but figured she must have gas (since there was an episode of that earlier that morning). ha. A few minutes later I got a wiff of my hands and decided there must be more to the story. I picked up Sofie again and examined her feet. What I had assumed was mud, was in fact....not mud. So Sophie got her first bath that day and hated it. She quickly went from adorable stuffed animal to wet rat (but a cute one of course). We handed her off to "mom" to be held after the tramatizing event.


The rest of the day was spent cooking, eating, visting and more cuddling with Sophie. I wish we could have stayed longer, but Frank and I had to head back to Dallas after church on Sunday morning because of some of our obligations here at our church. Grandmother did tell me that she wants to come to Dallas to visit us soon, so we are really looking forward to that. We are also hoping that Jon and Laura make a trip to visit really soon. Hotel Barnett and the Dollyhigh Inn are always open!!! Hint Hint!!!


P.S. Thanks for the Memphis Mess Aunt Susan!
-k

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww - Sophie is so sweet! I went to Mom's last night. Sophie slept most of the day - guess she was exhausted after her exciting weekend with all the family and dogs. I think she caught up on her rest, however; she was full of energy last night, so I played with her so she'd sleep thru the night for Mom. We loved having y'all here this weekend. It was so much fun! Love ya! Aunt Susan

Tiffani said...

that is hand's down the cutest dog i have ever seen!!!!

Danny said...

All I have to say is that Jon Lee is a real Man's Man. I would cut concrete with him by my side any day.

Danny Stiller