Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Another Transformation at Casa de Barnett

Projects are still looming at the Barnett house, but we are checking them off one by one. I personally love this stuff - especially this project. Believe it or not, it was my favorite. I LOVE to organize stuff. It makes me happy for some strange reason. Given that, if you take a look at our garage you'll see how I could find it stressful. It wasn't very overstuffed, but it was certainly unorganized. Add a couple of cars to the mix and you have a mess. We not only wanted to clean out and organize the garage, though, we decided to seal the floor with Epoxy. I had never heard of it before moving here, but our neighbor has it and their floor looks fabulous. We started the project last Thursday night by hanging a shelf on the right wall, and I assembled a shelving unit to store our "outside shoes".
Friday night we took everything out of the garage and scrubbed floors for about 3 hours. That was the worst part, but necessary. We were up till 11pm scrubbing away. Saturday we painted! There is a semi close-up of the finished product below. The sprinkles were my favorite part. I had a blast throwing them on the wet paint yelling "SPRINKLES!!" Frank didn't think I was funny.
We had to let the paint sit for 72 hours before putting everything back into it's rightful place. Today was that day. So we got back out and reorganized all our stuff. What a difference!!


The next project on the list is to roof in our back porch. Frank's uncle Randy has graciously offered some of his time to help us see that dream become a reality. Construction will begin in just 10 days!! I can hardly wait. We are lucky to have such wonderful, helpful families!

Here is a fun picture of me making dinner last week. I was trying to make the gravy for chicken fried steak (Frank's favorite) and I somehow managed to launch the spoon that was in the flour all over the kitchen. Luckily, my shirt was able to catch most of it. Frank walked in just seconds after it happened, so he missed the show. He did, however, run for the camera.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kristen - found your blog! Yea! And I LOVE the epoxy garage floor. We painted my mother-in-laws garage floor with that and it does wonders for sprucing up a dirty garage. Can't wait to maybe hang out with ya'll once we get to Dallas!