Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Introducing...

Hailey Michelle Barnett! My newest little angel was born Monday morning at 9:08am, weighing 5lbs 8oz, and is 18in long. She was a tiny little thing since she came over two weeks early!

I've really enjoyed getting to know Hailey these last two days. She looks so much like Allison did when she was born! I was expecting a totally new look since their 3D sonogram pictures were so different, but they really do carry a lot of the same features. We'll have to play a few 'guess who' games with their pictures in the future.

Here's what I've learned about her so far. For starters, she's a great eater! It took me a loooong time of working with Allison before I felt like she got the hang of nursing. I would spend around an hour feeding her every time she ate because she was so inefficient and slow. Not Hailey - no ma'am! She latched on like a pro on the first try, and has been eating a ton ever since. I probably feed her for about 20-30 minutes every two hours. (Hence the lack of updates!)

Hailey is also very cuddly, which I love! She wants to be held even while she sleeps which will eventually cause some problems, but for now I'm just soaking it in and enjoying time with her.

That's about it for now. Like I said - it's only been two days! :)

I will hopefully write out the whole story of the delivery soon, but for now I'd just like to sleep. I haven't had more than two hours of consecutive sleep since Saturday night, and that's really starting to take a toll on me.

Thanks to everyone who has reached out to us in the last few days! We feel so loved (and well fed!).

Goodnight!


The only picture I have of my baby belly through the whole pregnancy!


My sister Amy came early Monday morning to wait with us for Hailey.



Hailey being measured after delivery.


Allison meeting and holding Hailey for the first time. She's waving hello!





Now a family of four!


Hailey with Grandma.


Papa and Hailey


First day at home, bundled in her bouncer.


On her way to her first doctor appointment.

4 comments:

Jen said...

What a precious little sweetie! Thanks for the update, and I look forward to more as time permits.

We said a prayer of praise for you all tonight at church, I'm so happy and excited for your beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! She does look just like Allison. Thanks for posting pics, Kristin - it's so good to get to see this precious little one. Allison looks so happy with this new sister. I hope she's a great little helper for you! Love to you all :) - Susan

Serra said...

The picture of the four of you together made me get all teary eyed. You guys are so adorable. Can you believe you have TWO KIDS?! It seems like it's all flown by. Congrats on your precious family...can't wait to see you guys!

Conceita said...

Jonah looked just like Jaida too, isn't it crazy, 9 months of anticipation of what they will look like and they come out looking just like your first lol! Congrats!