Monday, May 5, 2008

Showers!

Frank and I have been very blessed with great friends and family who have helped support us as we prepare for our first little one. My office threw us a shower in April, and just last weekend my mom and sister, Amy hosted a party for me in Allen. Both of them were so fun! We are really very close to being all set up! I have just a couple things to grab at Target, but we've been given gift cards, so that is covered, too! Like I said, we are blessed. I will have to post the events in reverse order because I have still not been able to load the pictures from the first shower because of formatting issues, but I'll figure it out and post them later this week - I promise! P.S. - thanks to Amy for the cross! It's one of my favorite gifts!


Here is the cute cake from the shower last weekend. Chocolate layer on top, white cake on the bottom. Mmmm...



Amy is a very VERY proud aunt. I know you can't tell...




One of the games we played was "Guess that baby food!" Who knew they had mac-n-cheese for babies?? I don't think baby Barnett will be sampling that one!



Candace and Camille took this game very seriously. I love the twins...



After the games we opened gifts. Baby girl got alot of cute clothes. Our favorites were the star-bottom bloomers and the A&M Tee (of course!). Frank and I have already discussed that we would be happy to help pay for her college education, as long as the university is in College Station. :)





Kelly also braved it at the shower, even with a head cold in May! She was very sweet to show up early and help us set up, which was a big help. And I know what you're thinking. The answer is "No, I don't ask people to pose while holding my tummy. It's apparently just an irresistable urge."



More to come. Stay tuned!

No comments: