Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Allison Update

I know everyone pretty much visits my blog to get their Allison fix and I have been neglecting my responsibility of posting more pictures of her than you care to see. She's changing every day, so I have a lot of new things to share.

These first pictures were taken in early February and I never got around to posting them. Right after she got her first two teeth she changed her smile to what we called "Scrunchy Face" - I think she did this to show off her teeth. She doesn't do it anymore so I'm glad I got a couple of them on camera. About that time she also learned how to feed herself small things like Cheerios. Since then she's been eating dinner with us every night and I feed her whatever we're having in small pieces. She loves bread, chicken, potatoes, veggies, and rice. She'll try anything and usually likes it all. We also have picnics on the floor while I eat breakfast and lunch. She has learned to expect to be part of meals so I try to share with her whenever I can.







Here are some pictures of Allison with her best friend Ellie (our neighbors daughter). We got them matching t-shirts for St. Patrick's Day. They were so cute!







I love this picture of her sleeping. This is pretty much how I find her most of the time, but Frank was the one brave enough to risk the picture. He was going to pay if she woke up!



Another thing we can thank Frank for is her love of door stoppers. In the evening you can hear the sounds of the vibrating springs echoing through the house because he encourages her fascination with them. Here she is with one right outside our kitchen.





This next picture is hard to see, but it's hilarious. One day last week I was laying in bed reading while she napped, and she woke up happy and was content to play in her crib, so I decided I could probably get away with finishing the chapter I was reading. All the sudden I look over at the monitor and see a huge face looking right at me. It had finally happened - she found the camera we put on her crib. I didn't think she could reach it so I went and got my camera to get a picture of her face in the monitor. Right after I get my picture I see a hand coming at the monitor and it's getting bigger and bigger. I ran for her room and as I rounded the corner to her hallway I heard the crash. :) Strange thing is that she has forgotten all about the camera and we haven't had any more incidents.



Allison and Maggie are still buddies. Since Allison has become mobile she is all over poor Maggie, and Maggie just takes it. I've seen Allison pull out large chunks of hair, poke her in the eye, and pull too hard on her ears, but Maggie just licks her.









Finally, Allison is completely mobile minus all out walking. She can crawl almost as fast as I can walk and she likes to follow me from room to room. She also does laps around the kitchen. She pulls up on everything and can stand on her own once shes on her feet. She doesn't try to walk much yet, but I don't think it's too far off. One of her favorite things to pull up on is the dishwasher. I think she likes her slight reflection. Isn't she cute in her brown pants??



That's about all for now, so I'll leave you with the most recent pictures of her - from today! Correct me if I'm wrong but she is totally starting to look like me. :)





5 comments:

Frank said...

Babe, I think she's looking a lot more like you, and that's a very good thing for her!

Jen said...

Lucky Allison is certainly looking like her beautiful Mama.

THANK YOU for these pics, she is getting so tall and filled with joy and personality. What a treasure.

I can't tell you how much I love these glimpses into Allison growing up, since I can't be there to see it in person.

Hope all is going well or at least better for you also, Kristin. We pray for you each week at church and just know that God is holding you and your back problems in His hands.

Serra said...

She definitely looks like you in the dishwasher pic! So cute!! We need to get our girls together. They would be so fun!

Heidi said...

I am so glad you decided to update your blog. It has been a long couple of weeks and cute little Allison pictures were exactly what I needed. Hope you are having a lovely week.

Serra said...

Ok mom, today is 10 months. Bring on the new ones!!! I'm loading up (almost) 9 month/Easter/Spring pics to my blog and facebook as we speak.