Sunday, September 9, 2007

High Society

Frank and I had the opportunity to go to the Dallas Symphony Orchestra this weekend. Laura Stiller works for a non profit organization and the DSO gave them a lot of free tickets, so they invited us to join them on a fun, free date evening. We were told that seats would probably not be great, but we would at least get the priviledge of going. We met them in the lobby and enjoyed some coffee and cake before the show. We took a few pictures ahead of time since we werent allowed to take any in the auditorium - and I fully intended to follow that rule. Too bad it didnt work out.
Frank and I before the show - trying to look refined so we would fit in with the old money of Dallas. That didnt work either. :)

Meet the Stillers. Danny and Laura just moved back to Texas recently, and we've enjoyed spending time with them. Check out their blog here.
Like I said, we werent supposed to take pictures in the auditorium, but when were surprised by our amazing seats, I HAD to take a picture of the stage to show how close we were. I didnt even use the zoom! I looked up the seating sections and prices before we left, so I knew how good we had it. We were in some of the most expensive seats in the house!! We are really spoiled now. We throughly enjoyed the performance - especially the very animated conductor. He stole the show. We will definitely be going back.
Like I said - High Society. Yes, I pretty much always have a camera with me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey - the blog looks GREAT! We had so much fun with ya'll. We'll have to hang out again soon!

Arica said...

Hey Kristin...since we are going to a private blog I wanted to make sure to include you since I know you check it sometimes. Can you email it to me? Frank might have my email or can email it to Chris.

Jen said...

You two make such an attractive couple, one would hardly guess the "high society" label doesn't fully capture the essence of the Barnetts... :)

Arica said...

hey kristin, i don't have your email to add you to our list for private emails. can you send it to me?
Arica