Friday, February 13, 2009

Sweet Kisses

In honor of the upcoming "holiday", I thought I would share something very precious that melts my heart. Lately, I've spent a lot of time playing with Allison on the floor because she is very intent on standing whether I help her or not. She will pull up on anything she can get her hands on! That's not to say that she is any good at it yet, but she tries. Most of the time she gets half way to standing and will fall back or to the side. I believe that if she were my second kid I might just let her figure it out the hard way, while earning a few bruises in the process, but instead I sit with her and make sure that she doesn't hit her head on the way down. So what is a mom to do while sitting on the floor watching her baby play? I kiss her! Most of the time I will kiss her on the neck and make a game of it because it makes her laugh, but I also kiss her chubby cheeks, her forehead, and her hands when she tries to stick them in my mouth.

Last week I read an article on Baby Center talking about how at this age, my baby may start trying to give me a kiss back! I take all of those things as gospel if I really want her to learn it, so I've been waiting - but I didn't have to wait too long... Just two days ago while I was sitting beside her on the floor she leaned in to me, nuzzled her head into my neck, and licked me! Afterward, she went right back to playing so I figured it may have been my imagination. But my little gift from God continued leaning over to "kiss" me throughout that day, and ever since. I have to say, that even if she is just mimicking, it was still one of the most precious moments we've had. Every day her attachment to me seems to grow and I am eating it up! These are the times that make every hard time with her worth it.

I'll leave you with a few pictures of her in her Valentines outfit that she got at shower from my old office. (Thanks Windy!) Check out her perfect push-up (last pic) and the new pyramid stance she likes!





3 comments:

Jen said...

We would like to note that Allison has now demonstrated herself an advanced candidate for Uncle John Bootcamp with her perfect push up position!

These are beautiful pics and a heartwarming blog, thanks for sharing.

Heidi said...

Oh how wonderful. I am so happy for you. However, I am not surprised that Allison is giving you little kisses, why would she not want to show her mom how wonderful she is. Allison could not ask for a more wonderful mother.

🙄you’re here. said...

I'm sure it's time for a new blog by now! From what I hear, Allison is crawling! Share with the rest of us!! 9 month pics are just around the corner too!!!!